Employment opportunities at Bike Bros.
Intermediate Bicycle Mechanic
Summary Quality is our first priority. As an intermediate level mechanic you should be comfortable with assembly and service of all style/types of bikes. Your
daily tasks would include some bike assembly, mechanic work, trouble shooting, operating the Point of Sale computer system with work order details. Ideally you are happy
to talk with customers when checking in bikes to explain the work needed. There may be some sales, helping customers. Bike Bros. is a fast paced environment in the summer. We enjoy
what we do, enjoy working with other passionate cyclists but always work professionally to ensure customer satisfaction.
- 2 years+ experience as a mechanic/assembler in a bike shop.
- work professionally
- check in bikes with checklist
- help walk customers through what is needed, why, and what options are available
- perform repairs and tune-ups on road, bmx, mountain and commuter bikes
- comfort with basics of disc brakes, pad replacement, common issues and bleeds
- wheel truing, laterall, radial, tensioning
- suspension service familiarity - fork and rear shocks - full competence in suspension service is senior mechanic level
- ability to change all drivetrain components in a timely fashion.
- derailleur hanger alignment, initial setup of derailleurs, trouble shooting
- bike assembly - we go further than most shops in details we look after
- full understanding of different component levels from Shimano and SRAM, what, why, when appropriate and which components are compatible
- comfort with computers to work with point of sale system to update workorders and operate cash register
- installation of common accessories - fenders, computers, bags, lights, racks
- general cleaning, keeping work area organized
- must work well with others
- all our mechanics also deal with customers and get pulled onto the sales floor
- must be a passionate cyclist
- pay varies with skill, quality and ability to work on the sales floor
- perks include: being treated well, access to the best darned coffee around, staff discounts, staff bike program, bonuses, proximity
to great riding, fun work-place, the best customers ever!
Jr. Bike Mechanic
You are familiar with the names and functions of all components of BMX, Mountain and road bikes. You can perform a bicycle assembly to pass our
quality control check. You could get most of a full bicycle tune up done without help and in a reasonable amount of timre. Of course you absolutely love
You will be trained to operate the Point of Sale system to be able to ring through sales and should soon be able to check a bike in for service following our checklist. You
should be comfortable chatting with customers, know a fair bit about BMX, mountain and road bikes and.. of cource... you have to be a lover of all things bicycle.
To qualify for this position you will have at least 1 year experience in a bike shop/sporting goods store with bikes experience. We will train you the
rest of the way to be a proficient mechanic
All Bike Bros. jobs include helping customers. We don't have a dungeon to hide our mechanics in and we take pride in our sales people having a good level
of mechanical experience. How else could we tell customers what works and what doesn't.
If you're interested in this or any other types of employment at Bike Bros., please call or email. We are always happy to talk about bikes, the shop, job opportunities here.
A Bit about Bike Bros. and Cochrane, Alberta
Cochrane is located where the prairies meet the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. We have amazing mountain biking within 45 minutes drive. We are surrounded by some great road rides where you can start
a ride in the prairies ride into the heart of the mountains then back to the Prairies in 3 or 4 hours. Cochrane is also home to a good little
concrete skatepark for the BMXer.
Cochrane's population is about 18,000 people. The community is relatively new, having almost doubled in size in the last 15 years. The area is clean, has fresh air and people fly fish
in the middle of town on the Bow River. Calgary, with a population of over 1Million people is 15 minutes away. You can find almost anything you want in
Cochrane and anything else you might need is certainly available in Calgary.
Bike Bros. is a regional destination shop. We tend to attract really nice, appreciative customers... likely because our reputation is that we care about
our customers and don't try to push unnecessary stuff. We try to offer great advice and great products. The Bike Bros Cycling Club has a few rides per
week with rides for roadies and mountain bikers which can expose you to all the best rides in the area.
We have a great team feeling at the shop and look for people who fit in and feel the love. We hope you consider joining our team!